I wanna start this post giving my big kudos to the amarok 2.7 “minor tune”. Generally speaking, as developers we know our software life cycle includes major breakages as well as minor tunes. As users, we only understand things like speed, features, fast new astonishing releases and so on
rekonq just comes out from a major breakage. This was really needed in my opinion to let easier (possible?) properly maintain codebase and to experiment all the new features we have in mind and were not possible (without kludges) in 1.x.
So here is what happened in this “less than a month” period, also thanks to 2.0 breakage:
- kpart “half window” problem
- spellchecking (working against qtwebkit 2.3 beta1)
- webapp with window favicon
- default application’s locale for date formatting in history
- history ordering by date (and not by number of visits, sorry😀 )
- one stupid crash while adding a favorite
- restored usual web inspector position at the bottom
- option to open tab at the end
- restored bookmark middle click action
- edit toolbars
- shorcuts configuration panel
- better kpart integration
- remove history items from history page
- improved icon management (snappier)
- some work to let work better Google Bookmark sync
This signs also our first release with our new development model where no branches are created and master contains everytime the next code to release. Next target: rekonq 2.2, with another bunch of fixes and minor features coming.
Last, but not less important, this is first rekonq after QtWebkit 2.3 beta1 release. Great kudos also to “qtwebkitters” for this milestone reached and an advise: if you can, please upgrade your qtwebkit copy to it. In a couple of hours testing, I found more than 10 bugs reported in rekonq bugzilla no more reproducible against qtwebkit 2.3b1.