Short note today (as usual) announcing the immediate availability of rekonq 2.3.1. Rekonq is a web browser based on KDE and webkit focusing on being “light” and “fast”, given anyone gives to these words its own meaning ;)
This release just focuses on bugfixing: first hint I had to add about is about qtwebkit version. In this “strange” period, where qt focuses on Qt5, QML and WebKit2, while we are still bound to Qt4 && Webkit1, I think we need to follow the unofficial QtWebKit 2.3.x branch, with its releases about (last should be QtWebKit 2.3.1). People reported, in this 40 days since rekonq 2.3.0 release, a lot of crash bugs that can be fixed just upgrading from QtWebKit 2.3.0 to QtWebKit 2.3.1.
About our features, we have in this release, the following fixes:
- a nice speed up on history page construction
- IconManager code review, fixing some sites showing the wrong favicon
- Let private popus open in private mode
- Fix behavious on unloaded sites (show url && reload with F5)
- Fix on save zoom settings, at least using buttons and shortcuts. Someone reported it is not working well yet using mouse wheel. It will need some more time to investigate. Stay tuned about
- Don’t Save Sessions When Closing Tabs from Logout. This leaded rekonq thinking people was correctly closing browser on session close.
- Fix UNICODE symbols shown in the urlbar
We had also some technical code reviews: the usual things programmers like a lot while users never notice :)
The most “notable” one let us to move from “about:” to “rekonq:” protocol for our special pages.
Here it is, rekonq bugfixing release is ready for you. Restarting working on extension support…